Headaches after sex?

Question by Made From Embryonic Stem Cells: Headaches after sex?
Has anyone experienced a pounding headache after sex?

Best answer:

Answer by cerlinda22
Your brain is probably too full of “energy” after that night…just take a break…:D

Give your answer to this question below!

Trackback URL


4 Comments on "Headaches after sex?"

  1. amethyston
    12/03/2014 at 8:33 am Permalink

    thing you have high blood pressure
    you shoud have “tender” sex

  2. just curious
    12/03/2014 at 9:30 am Permalink

    Hey man I also have headache after sex/masturbation??
    I wanna know y?

  3. gkakkasseri
    12/03/2014 at 9:55 am Permalink

    Forum: The Neurology and Neurosurgery Forum
    Topic: Headache
    Subject: extreme headache after sex

    this question may sound silly my family has a history of anuerysms my mother died from this and also her father
    each time of late last month or so when ever I have a orgasm i get
    an extremley pounding headache always same side very intense.
    any connection to family history??? thanks jill
    Dear Jill:

    No, this isn’t a silly question. I am sorry that your having headaches. Yes, a positive family history is of concern for there are types of aneurysms or vascular malformations that are genetic. I guess we see a few people every year who have a bleed after having sex. There is an entity called orgasmic headache. There seems to be two forms, a benign and malignant. The malignant form was manifested by a subarachnoid hemorrhage. However, in the review by Adams et al., this accounted for only 5% of the cases. THe benign form is described as occuring either during or immediately after orgasm and the headache was often behind the eyes, bilateral or occipital and of varying intensity, although usually rather short lived. The pain wa almost always throbbing. Orgasmic headaches can occur in individuals with migraine headaches. So, I guess your question would be do I think that you have orgasmic cephalgia? The answer would be yes. Do I think that since you have a family history of aneurysms, should you see a neurologist? The answer is yes, just to rule out the possibility of bleeding. Do I think that it is the latter, probably not. But, I think you need a CT scan to rule out it’s possibility. I hope your headaches resolve. Let us know if you need our help, if in the Cleveland area you can call 1-800-CCF-care.


    CCF Neuro[P] MD,RPS


    Reply by: CCF Neuro[P] MD, RPS on 12/14/1998


    [Neurology Forum ] [Neurology Archives] [ Med Help International ]


    If you would like to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE or inquire online by using the Neurology Dept. website. The website contains a directory of the staff that can be used to select the physician best suited to address your neurological or neurosurgical problem.

    Information contained within this forum is intended solely for general educational purposes and is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. Always seek the advice of your physician or other health provider for any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Only your physician can provide specific diagnoses and therapies. By using this site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.

    Copyright © Med Help International. All rights reserved.

  4. 9929
    12/03/2014 at 10:11 am Permalink

    It is kind of like shaken baby syndrome, your doing a lot of pumping going up and down and brain is being shaken.. I get one every time after sex.. Just relax afterwards and enjoy what you just had 🙂

Hi Stranger, leave a comment:


<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Subscribe to Comments